Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest is set on the western bank of the Nepean River at the foot of the Blue Mountains at Emu Plains, and was established in 1981 at the former home and property of sculptor Gerald Lewers and painter Margo Lewers.
The Gallery aims to develop and maintain a visual arts centre of excellence and diversity for the enjoyment and benefit of the people of Penrith, the surrounding region and beyond. The Gallery develops and presents ongoing programs and activities that refer to and involve the people, place and history of Penrith and western Sydney and the history of the Gallery’s collection and site. As a result, its cultural and education programs are diverse, stimulating and relevant to its audiences, community and contemporary environment.
Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest is operated by Penrith Performing & Visual Arts on behalf of Penrith City Council, which continues its generous support of the Gallery alongside a range of public and private sector partners and sponsors including CreateNSW.
Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest
86 River Road Emu Plains NSW 2750
02 4735 1100
Open daily 9am – 5pm.