Kilmany Park Boys Home
Photographs taken in 1958 by Australian photo journalist, Jeff Carter of the buildings and residents of Kilmany Park Boys Home. Kilmany Park was a grazing property established in the late nineteenth century with a large Federation style mansion. In the 1920s the property was acquired by the Presbyterian Church and the house and grounds were transformed into a farm/home for underprivileged and orphaned boys and existed until the late 1970s. The photographs record aspects of the homes buildings as well as the daily activities of the resident boys. Some show the boys reading and involved with their hobbies as well as preparing for picnics, birthday parties and trips away.